Ideas from a PSSD study

BD_Acc

Mar 11, 2018
Been reading this study pretty heavily.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25449595

It's on mice treated early with an antidepressant that causes them to develop sexual dysfunction despite maintaining normal sex hormone levels (PSSD). When they remove their testicles and re-administer estradiol and DHT they recover completely. In the abstract is says that Testosterone alone doesn't work but looking at their graphs exogenous Testosterone with their testes removed does seem to work. If someone else could explain that part of the study to me I'd really appreciate it.

I can get injectable estradiol pretty easy and cheaply so it might be worth a go. PSSD people have had success with oral estradiol. It has a really low bioavailability orally as 90% is metabolised in first pass through the liver. Injectable is the way I'm leaning.

Can't get any DHT but could get Tren for some DHT effects. Currently on TRT as well. Overall seems worth a shot given the similarity of symptoms between PAS, PSSD, PFS.

If anyone wants a PDF of it to read just send me a msg.

I should add about 3 and 6 months after my symptoms started I had 3 day periods of complete remission of sexual symptoms before they came back again. This heavily leans me to believing it's hormonal or the symptoms can be treated hormonally as I wouldn't have recovered that quick otherwise.

Lost

Mar 10, 2018
Where did you get this paper from?

Give it a shot dude, theres nothing else going on anyways. But you need both DHT and estradiol.

BD_Acc

Mar 11, 2018
Was doing some reading and came across a guy who also had a 3 day near complete recovery. https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/my-story-accutane-dht/3233

This was a month after he experimented with hCG. At the time I had mine I was also experimenting with hCG. I didn't make the connection because I never had any improvement while on hCG but it may have been the stopping that brought it about, or it may have been some kind of delayed effect that you could maintain if you stayed on for long enough. It's coincidental enough that I will trial hCG again.

Also might be able to trial proviron. I'll post if anything worthwhile happens.

Sep 1, 2018
Are they saying exogenous testosterone doesn't work while Mickey still has his balls? That would be interesting.

Perhaps you could attach the paper here or pm it to me? I'll take a look.

Testosterone was helpful to me (desire and some excitation, erection was better). So is DHEA, to a much lesser extent. If my memory serves me well, Tren was even better and gave me a few good pointing-to-the-ceiling-like-a-teenager erections. Also tried Dianabol, Equipoise but they're effects weren't clear to me. Perhaps because by that time my blood was so thick my brain became blood pudding.

Very (VERY) High dose of Pregnenolone (sublingual) without an aromatase inhibitor was very interesting to say the least: I couldn't get erections anymore but I could get very excited/stimulated. Annnnd I felt like a bitch in heat. As I'm heterosexual and obsessed by women since puberty without any fantasy or attraction towards men, I can only say this was pretty disturbing: Apparently with enough estrogens, my brain is able to switch towards operating in female-mode. Enough to know how it feels sexually to be a woman, all the way to orgasm, but without sexual attraction to male... Is that pertinent to PAS/PSSD/PSF? Maybe (central estrogen receptors hypersensitization?) but probably not ... either way this is my first post and now you know more about me ;)

Talk about biohacking: Literally gay for "discovering PAS etiology" :cool: Ha