Idea's regards things to try/protocols

Mar 10, 2018
Few thoughts on different approaches that could be worth trying/have been tried by people with some success;

• Reducing inflammation protocol
Someone on acne.org was able to apparently completely cure their sides (including sexual dysfunction) by using a powerful prescription anti-inflammatory called Prednisone. The benefits went away when they stopped using it, but it's still encouraging. Worth also noting that others have tried this too and didn't get the same benefits however.

Possible alternatives for tackling inflammation could be an anti-inflammatory diet (avoiding gluten, grains etc) and taking quercetin (natural supplement which is quite a powerful anti-inflammatory) in high-ish doses

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4808895/

• Gut health protocol
Leaky gut, dysbiosis is very much intertwined with this condition (same with PFS, CFS etc). Part of the CDnuts herb cycling is paleo diet and some others have seen improvements from going on an anti-candida diet which could involve herbal supplements like black walnut and also probiotics and digestive enzymes, and probably betaine HCI for increased stomach acid. From a personal standpoint I'm on a pretty strict diet just because I've become intolerant to many things over the last year or two.

• Liver health/cholestasis protocol
At least one apparent recovery from accutane apparently inducing bile flow issues (cholestasis);

Involves supplementing with UDCA/TUDCA/Ox bile, granulated lecithin, chinese bitters. All things I've tried, and I did get some benefits from TUDCA which made me start to sweat again which I'll take as a good sign.

• RSO (Rick Simpson Oil)/Weed or possibly hemp oil/CBD oil
Involves following the 'run from the cure' RSO method of cannabis oil - the same method used to fight some cancers. One full recovery from this method, 2 documented almost complete recoveries, but also a number of others who've tried this method with no success (myself included). Still worth a look and probably the second most successful method to cure tane sides I'm aware of. CBD oil/hemp oil is an alternative with hemp oil (no THC which gets you high) and this is legal. I've personally tried this too and got through a load of 'RSHO' from the States as well as other brands of CBD oil, but got no benefits at all.

• Finasteride/Dr Pezzi method
Understandably a lot of people immediately will discount this as an option because it involves taking another 5AR-inhibitor drug that is known to cause similar side effects to accutane, although the mechanism appears slightly different to accutane. At least 4 full recoveries from a cycle of this stuff, and one partial recovery. AFAIK the most effective method to resolve post-accutane sides, but probably also the least appealing.

• RU-486/mifepristone
Anti-cortisol, anti-progesterone drug which can be prescribed for cushing syndrome and similar HPA-axis dysfunction conditions. Has helped some PFS guys - no 'cure' yet, but some people have made good gains. Not sure if anyone with PAS has had gains.

Probably some other potential protocols @flynn ?

flynn

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2018
Few thoughts on different approaches that could be worth trying/have been tried by people with some success;

• Reducing inflammation protocol
Someone on acne.org was able to apparently completely cure their sides (including sexual dysfunction) by using a powerful prescription anti-inflammatory called Prednisone. The benefits went away when they stopped using it, but it's still encouraging. Worth also noting that others have tried this too and didn't get the same benefits however.

Possible alternatives for tackling inflammation could be an anti-inflammatory diet (avoiding gluten, grains etc) and taking quercetin (natural supplement which is quite a powerful anti-inflammatory) in high-ish doses

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4808895/

• Gut health protocol
Leaky gut, dysbiosis is very much intertwined with this condition (same with PFS, CFS etc). Part of the CDnuts herb cycling is paleo diet and some others have seen improvements from going on an anti-candida diet which could involve herbal supplements like black walnut and also probiotics and digestive enzymes, and probably betaine HCI for increased stomach acid. From a personal standpoint I'm on a pretty strict diet just because I've become intolerant to many things over the last year or two.

• Liver health/cholestasis protocol
At least one apparent recovery from accutane apparently inducing bile flow issues (cholestasis);

Involves supplementing with UDCA/TUDCA/Ox bile, granulated lecithin, chinese bitters. All things I've tried, and I did get some benefits from TUDCA which made me start to sweat again which I'll take as a good sign.

• RSO (Rick Simpson Oil)/Weed or possibly hemp oil/CBD oil
Involves following the 'run from the cure' RSO method of cannabis oil - the same method used to fight some cancers. One full recovery from this method, 2 documented almost complete recoveries, but also a number of others who've tried this method with no success (myself included). Still worth a look and probably the second most successful method to cure tane sides I'm aware of. CBD oil/hemp oil is an alternative with hemp oil (no THC which gets you high) and this is legal. I've personally tried this too and got through a load of 'RSHO' from the States as well as other brands of CBD oil, but got no benefits at all.

• Finasteride/Dr Pezzi method
Understandably a lot of people immediately will discount this as an option because it involves taking another 5AR-inhibitor drug that is known to cause similar side effects to accutane, although the mechanism appears slightly different to accutane. At least 4 full recoveries from a cycle of this stuff, and one partial recovery. AFAIK the most effective method to resolve post-accutane sides, but probably also the least appealing.

• RU-486/mifepristone
Anti-cortisol, anti-progesterone drug which can be prescribed for cushing syndrome and similar HPA-axis dysfunction conditions. Has helped some PFS guys - no 'cure' yet, but some people have made good gains. Not sure if anyone with PAS has had gains.

Probably some other potential protocols @flynn ?

This is great info man!!! I will start looking into protocols etc. to be honest, most of my time has been spent looking at the underlying theories or possible causes of PAS.

nasheq

Nov 6, 2018
France
Hi guys, I am a newbee here stuck with PAS for 4 years - just realized a few month ago that my ED issue is due to isotretinoin.

A post on raypeatforum reffered on acne.org
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...-post-finasteride-syndrome.13422/#post-185700

mention possible usage of anti-biotics for PFS, I assume it could be also helpful for PAS.

1. For guys suffering from PFS:

I briefly took cephalexin for three days a few years ago and it helped me significantly.

My penis, when soft, went back to its normal size. Then I stopped taking it and... it went back to looking not so spectacular.

But the point is cephalexin seems to be powerful stuff when it comes to PFS.

@DaveFoster has experienced other benefits from it.

(Personally I'm mostly over my PFS. I believe just peating helped me a great deal here.)​
    milk, Nov 8, 2016

2. DaveFosterMember
    It could be due to the eradication of endotoxin-producing bacteria species -----> less endotoxin ------> lowered serotonin -------> increased tight junction integrity and androgenic expression. Just a thought.​

• FYI - Cephalexin is an antibiotic againt Staphylococcus, Streptococcus ......https://extrapharmacy.ru/cephalexin?search=cephalexin

• Sounds like it worths a try! a few days with antibiotics can't kill me...what do you think?​
  • sounds pretty counter intuitive regarding possible theories about PAS - 5AR1 inhibitor, etc.​
  • Have you heard of studies, thoughts on a possible explanation beyond Dave Foster brief statement? ..can it be correlated to inflammation theories?​

Last edited: