Machine Learning-Guided Research on PAS, PFS, ME/CFS and more

May 26, 2018
Hi all,

You may know my Username from several forums on Post-Finasteride Syndrome, Post-accutane syndrome and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome such as Phoenix Rising. Some of you also know my true identity.

I am a Data Scientist with 18 years of experience in advanced Analytical methods. These methods were used to identify potential targets for several Syndromes , including Post-Accutane Syndrome.

For quite some time now i am trying to contact Researchers and have them look in the hypothesis. Post-Finasteride Syndrome Foundation did not even listen to the Theory. Other prominent -ME/CFS- Researchers have looked into the Theory and considered it as interesting. No one came back saying that the Theory is nonsense.

Actually i was one of the first to suggest that PFS, PAS, ME/CFS may all have the same cause, namely the Liver.

In a nutshel the theory goes like this :

We are born with less than efficient enterohepatic function. This can include the Liver, the Gut, Gallbladder and Bile Acid Metabolism. We can live normal lives until a "Liver stressor" such as Virus or a Medication (in this case the hypothesis is about Accutane) disrupts this compensated function and then the body falls into a vicious cycle of Inflammation, Auto-immunity, Impaired Phagocytosis, impaired Bile Acid Metabolism, impaired Oxidative Stress control and ER Stress.

The only possibility to get out of this situation is to use a personalised regimen that sets the correct environment for overcoming this vicious cycle.

I am actively looking in having any Medical institution / Reseachers to evaluate the efficacy of such Regimen under strictly controlled conditions. I am open to your suggestions on what is the best way to move forward with this.

Mar 10, 2018
Great to see you here @mariovitali ! Hopefully more people will start to use this forum. That acne.org thread is infuriating the way it just goes around in circles, but there are still people doing some good work with throwing out ideas and theories, and trying to encourage reporting of sides etc. Doing it on here in an organised fashion would be much better.

I've actually been meaning to post up some more stuff on bile acids as recent issues are increasingly seemingly directly related to bile acid (have had periods of being unable to eat fat, seem to have developed sibo which can be the result of poor bile acid metabolism, but things which help are TUDCA/UDCA and high strength Tribulus which seems to trigger bile release - it's extremely bitter stuff!). I'll update my log on here.

flynn

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi all,

You may know my Username from several forums on Post-Finasteride Syndrome, Post-accutane syndrome and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome such as Phoenix Rising. Some of you also know my true identity.

I am a Data Scientist with 18 years of experience in advanced Analytical methods. These methods were used to identify potential targets for several Syndromes , including Post-Accutane Syndrome.

For quite some time now i am trying to contact Researchers and have them look in the hypothesis. Post-Finasteride Syndrome Foundation did not even listen to the Theory. Other prominent -ME/CFS- Researchers have looked into the Theory and considered it as interesting. No one came back saying that the Theory is nonsense.

Actually i was one of the first to suggest that PFS, PAS, ME/CFS may all have the same cause, namely the Liver.

In a nutshel the theory goes like this :

We are born with less than efficient enterohepatic function. This can include the Liver, the Gut, Gallbladder and Bile Acid Metabolism. We can live normal lives until a "Liver stressor" such as Virus or a Medication (in this case the hypothesis is about Accutane) disrupts this compensated function and then the body falls into a vicious cycle of Inflammation, Auto-immunity, Impaired Phagocytosis, impaired Bile Acid Metabolism, impaired Oxidative Stress control and ER Stress.

The only possibility to get out of this situation is to use a personalised regimen that sets the correct environment for overcoming this vicious cycle.

I am actively looking in having any Medical institution / Reseachers to evaluate the efficacy of such Regimen under strictly controlled conditions. I am open to your suggestions on what is the best way to move forward with this.

Thanks for posting this, its very interesting and all contributions to the forum are hugely appreciated. I did look into inflammation a little but need to do more research. I remember reading a post where a user linked PFS to inflammation. The only issue I have is, how could inflammation cause such an unrelenting persistent reduction of sexual function (libido etc.), even in times of fasting and after exercise/clean eating (activities which significantly reduce inflammation). If you could provide any evidence or a reasonable explanation of how inflammation could persistently reduce/damage sexual function, I would love to hear it. As it puzzles me slightly.

Thanks,

Flynn